The blog made me realize that there is so much going on in our great state that we don’t know about, but probably should. At the very least it’s good discussion with our clients. Being in the Real Estate Industry, we should know our State better than anyone. So this has inspired me to write a weekly blog about something fun going on, some kind of different event…something happening in New Jersey!
New Jersey Tree Farms
Tree farms in New Jersey? I thought you had to drive to Pennsylvania if you wanted to cut your own tree. Who has time for that! Well what better a tradition than loading the family up in the car and goping 10-15 minutes to the local tree farm to pick out this years tree. Here is a list of tree farms in New JErsey:
- Dixiedale Farm, Chatham, NJ, 973/635-2097; weekends Nov. 26 to Dec. 19; you cut or pre-cut, saw provided.
- Evergreen Valley Christmas Tree Farm, Washington, NJ, 908/835-0557; daily from Nov. 25 to Dec. 22 except Mondays; you cut or pre-cut, BYO saw. Make an event of it, take the free wagon ride through the field to find your perfect tree.
- Fleming Farms, Long Valley, NJ, 908/852-6996; weekends Dec. 4-19; you cut, saw provided. Bonfire, refreshments.
- Hamilton Farms, Boonton Township, NJ, 973/334-6528; daily from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve, 9 am-6 pm, Sundays to 5 pm; pre-cut.
- Hidden Pond Tree Farm, Mendham, NJ, 973/865-6362; daily from Nov. 26 to Christmas Eve, 9 am-5 pm; you cut or pre-cut.
- Simonson Fields, Cranbury, NJ, 609/799-0140; daily from Nov. 26 to Dec. 23; you cut or pre-cut, saws provided. Entertainment, Santa, hayrides, and more.
- The Village Tree Farm, Green Village, NJ, 908/236-9202; you cut or tag a tree after Thanksgiving and pick up in December; saws provided. Hayrides, cookies, candy canes, coloring books, photo with two of Santa’s reindeer.
For more tree farms, visit the website of the NJ Christmas Tree Growers’ Association, at www.NJChristmastrees.citymax.com.